L'Chaim - In Hebrew, "Life" - This is my life!

I love life and the family and friends God has given me. Thanks for sharing your lives with me and may God bless you abundantly!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Dalles, Oregon, United States

I enjoy taking pictures, going fun places with my friends, and spending time with my family.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

So, I was at the Half Shell last week and came across this guy with his pet boa snake (you can't miss something like that.) Anyways, I always have my camera with me of course so I nervously asked if I could have my picture taken with it. I don't know what I was thinking but I had to blog it of course so I could show you all. This snake was huge (no exaggeration), at least 50 lbs and taller than me.

I asked him if it could sense fear because I was freaked out of course. I wasn't ready to take a picture by myself with it so he agreed to hold it. I stood really still and asked Rachel to hurry and take the picture. It started to slither close to my neck and near my chest and the guy assured me it wasn't him but the snake. It was heavy and scaley and I wanted to get it off.

He eats live rabbits once a month. I asked all sorts of questions of course but don't remember the answers. Anyways, for those of you who are afraid of snakes, don't be. They are harmless. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

I definately think you are crazy!!! Yikes girl!! I give it to you for being brave - I would imagine it eating me and take off!!!

Sun Jul 24, 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

My word! I agree with Tammie, the guy looks a little creepy too! He looks like he's enjoying himself a little too much, although his snake may attract women it's not going to keep them close for too long ;) You are a so fun Leah!

Sun Jul 24, 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Misty Throop said...

I would agree. You are crazy! That thing could have bit your boob off!!! No joke.

Mon Jul 25, 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger The Webbs said...

Way to go Leah!! Kudos for you for doing something outside of your comfort zone, heck, outside of many of our comfort zones! The guy is probably old Mr. Fagan, or one of his relatives. Good job. You're one up on me.

Wed Jul 27, 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Smash dem snakes under your heel! It's biblical, girl. YUCK!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 01, 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home